Urban Design Representation
Urban Design Representation is a 5-module course aimed at teaching the basics of five software packages: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
The CPD in Urban Design Representation is an intensive learning experience offered by the Department of Architecture at the University of Strathclyde and tailored for planning and design professionals with little or no experience with graphics and representation software.
With us you will learn to visualise ideas and proposals: from image editing, to diagrams, from concept sketches to 3D modelling. You will have a dedicated account with access to software and handouts, with tutors guiding you every step of the way. Our course will cover:
- the role of computer design software in representing ideas;
- project & theories of urban design;
- basics of design representation and introductory exercises to relevant software;
- insights on how to combine softwares in the representation process;
- practical examples of representing design proposals.