Students’ feedback 2011

We made it. It seemed impossible, but we made it. Doing it better than last year looked really difficult, as the students’ feedback was excellent after our Govan course in 2009-2010. And here we go, This is our students’ feedback 2010-2011, which refers to our course at the Barras. After all, it is not great surprise, as this year we have benefited from exceptional circumstances, including the extraordinary commitment of a bunch of local organizations and stakeholder which allowed us to organize an on-site, hands-on real learning experience for our students. And, above all, we have had exceptionally motivated and brilliant students. Thanks to all these fantastic people, again: we will never forget it.

And here we have the results (see our internal survey):

– The learning experience has been rated “excellent” by the 77% of respondent students; the remaining 23% rated it “very good”.

– Descriptors and Assignments have been rated “excellent” by the 91% of respondents.

– Staff performance has been rated “Excellent” or “very good” by the 95% of respondents.

Isn’t this stunning? Of course it is, but that is not all. This year, we improved our feedback procedure by running a National Student Survey (NSS)-like exercise. We therefore included in a questionnaire the same 22 questions that constitute the NSS. Here you see the results. One above all: guess how many students felt fully confident to report being “satisfied with the quality of the course”? Well, all of them. A bold 100%. Which is bad news of course. Why? Well, we can only get worse next year (believe it?).