Luca has a Post-PhD in Urbanism from the Faculdade Estadual de Campinas, a PhD in Economic Assessment and two degrees in Architecture and in Engineering Architecture, from the Politecnico di Torino. He joins UDSU in 2012 as a visiting researcher, to focus on Urban Quality of Life, Amenities-Centralities Spatial Distribution, Property Value and Spatial Equilibrium.
His research covers Spatial Equilibrium Analysis in cities, urban spatial analysis on the relation among urban transformations, quality of life and the economic value of the areas. He participated in the project JESSICA: Joint European Support for Sustainable Investment in City, where he analysed the time series of several indices related to the real estate market in Italian cities and proposed the most important indexes for measuring the trend and attractiveness of the major 103 Italian cities from the point of view of the real estate market. He was a PRIN member (Research Projects of Relevant National Interest) on the Research Project: effects of urban transformation on local economical systems and real estate markets. He wrote a model for the simulation of the positional value in urban contest to assess the change of the economic positional value of city areas in relation to urban transformation and growth. He also wrote several indicators and proposed a methodology to plan the best location for new urban poles and to value the social benefit given by city amenities and city centralities. In 2007he was invited by the ‘Universita’ degli studi Mediterranea’ to explain a possible ‘master-plan’ to guide the best location and a way to use European finance for the reclaiming of Calabria's cities. In 2012 he was invited by Cambridge University to explain some of his research.
In 2010 he wrote about a way to think about and assess wellbeing and progress of societies, which was later quoted in the Societal Indicators Bibliography in a report by NASA. pg.64 (ref. 101).
- 2002 D'Acci L., Sul principio dei lavori virtuali – Celid, Torino, book of pp. 227. ISBN 8876615415
- 2003 D'Acci L., Acustica delle sale – Celid, Torino, book of pp. 136. ISBN 8876616039
- 2006 D'Acci L., Model of Simulation and Urban Complexity, XXVII AISRe Confer.
- 2007 D'Acci L., SiVa: Econometric Cellular Automata for a simulation of real estate values, in ERES 14th Annual European Real Estate Society Conference, London.
- 2007 D'Acci L., Zorzi F., Un modello per la simulazione dei valori immobiliari, in Sistemi economici locali e mercati immobiliari, E. Mollica, Gangemi. ISBN 8849212976
- 2008 D'Acci L., Grown, urban trasformation, real estate value: econometric cellular automata for the simulation of positional value, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 5072, pp. 96-110, Springer-Verlag, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-69839-5_8
- 2009 D’Acci L., Spatial Distribution of Social Benefit Given by Urban Attractions: a Test of UrAD Model, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science LNCS 5592, pp. 237–252, Springer-Verlag, DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-02454-2
- 2009 D’Acci L., Ingaramo L., Sabatino S., Emerging Trends in the Italian Housing Market, in ERES Conference 2009, European Real Estate Society conference, Stockholm.
- 2009 D’Acci L., A mathematical aid for efficient distribution of social benefit in urban planning, in Advances in Models and Methods for Planning, Scarlatti F., Rabino G., (editors), Pitagora, Bologna. ISBN:88-371-1780-9
- 2009 Several Authors, Competitiveness of the Italians urban areas - Report 2008, Tipografia compositori, Bologna, 2009.
- 2010 D'Acci L., Lombardi P., MuSIC - A new Multi-scalar index for evaluating Sustainability in Cities, in “Sustainable Architecture & urban development”, Lehmann S., Al Waer H., Al-Qawasmi J., CSAAR - Center for the Study of Architecture in Arab Region (JOR), Vol. 3, pp. 19-34. ISBN:978-9957-540-02-9
- 2010 D'Acci L., A spatial multicriteria decision analysis to plan new urban poles in metropolies, in “Informatica e Pianificazione Urbana e Territoriale”, G. Las Casas, P. Pontrandolfi, B. Murgante (editors), Libria, Vol.1, pp. 321-330. ISBN:978-88-96067-45-1
- 2010 D'Acci L., Measuring Well-Being and Progress, Social Indicators Research, Vol 104, n.1, pp. 47-65. DOI:10.1007/s11205-010-9717-1
- 2011 D'Acci L., Medrano L., Megacities in developing countries, Conference Paper for the European Urban Research Association (EURA): Cities without limits.
- 2012 D'Acci L., Wellbeing and Progress Measurement, Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research, Springer. ISBN 978-94-007-0752-8
- 2012 D'Acci L., Urban Quality of Life Estimates, Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research, Springer. ISBN 978-94-007-0752-8
- 2012 D'Acci L., Ideal Cities, Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research, Springer. ISBN 978-94-007-0752-8
- 2012-13 Editorial board member of the Encyclopedia of Quality of Life Research ISBN 978-94-007-0752-8
- 2012 D'Acci L., Hedonic inertia and underground happiness, Social Indicators Research, DOI : 10.1007/s11205-012-0137-2
- 2010 D'Acci L., Introduction to complex and chaotic transition of the system through logical and mathematical rules, (under review)
- 2012 The Positional Value. Influence of city area on the real estate value. (under review)
- 2012 D'Acci L., Monetary, Subjective and Quantitative Approaches to Assess Urban Quality of Life and Pleasantness in Cities (under review)